Newbie question: Using OpenGL to enhance a VTK scene

Ron Inbar rinbar at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 14 16:11:32 EDT 1999

Thanks for the response, David.  I believe this information will be quite
helpful.  What do you suggest I should do if I want to use the standard near
and far clipping planes, rather than an arbitrary plane?  I believe on most
systems (including mine) the performance would be better this way, provided
I don't require a clipping plane which is not perpendicular to the direction
of projection.

A related question: can I use straight OpenGL code with VTK?  If so, where
should I plug it?  Are there any callbacks or handles I could use to do my
own rendering?

I suspect the answer to this is quite basic, but since I don't have the User
Guide yet, I didn't know exactly where to find it.  I have the Visualization
Toolkit book, but I find it quite unsuitable for looking up such issues.  I
apologize for the inconvenience.

Gratefully yours,

Ron