vtk/tcl questions

Roland Schwarz roland.schwarz at telecom.at
Mon Jul 12 03:13:18 EDT 1999

Hi Travis,
    it depends what version of vtk you are using. The pcmaker
has changed a little bit since vtk2.2. If using the newer one you
should be able to find an 'Advanced' button on the pcmaker
sheet. Remove any directory entries you find on the advanced
page and select the tcl checkbox in the main sheet. This will
use the tcl8.0 version that is packaged with pcmaker.

The alternative is to download the source distribution of tcl/tk. But then
you will need to manually correct the generated makefiles since there
is a little bug in pcmaker that causes garbagge to be inserted into
the generated makefile. If i remember well I recently posted something
dealing with this subject. Please try searching the vtk mail archive.

Success,
Roland.