AVS .geom file into VTK?

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Fri Jul 9 09:35:29 EDT 1999

>I am wondering whether there is a way of reading the .geom file of AVS
>into vtk, like transferring the .geom into .jpeg or .gif file and then
>read it into vtk?

i solved it the following way: i had from past days a dxf-writter in avs. so
i hacked together a simple dxf-reader for vtk (really a very simple one).
because the reader is not good enough, i save the imported files in vtk with
the vtkSTLWriter and am now able to read them with the vtkSTLReader.

ask me, if you need the modules and the vtk classes.

jan