AVS .geom file into VTK?

Jan Kraak J.Kraak at rc.rug.nl
Fri Jul 9 04:38:55 EDT 1999

> Date:          Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:06:50 -0500 (CDT)
> From:          luo hanmei <luo1 at ews.uiuc.edu>
> To:            vtkusers at gsao.med.ge.com
> Subject:       AVS .geom file into VTK?

> I am wondering whether there is a way of reading the .geom file of AVS
> into vtk, like transferring the .geom into .jpeg or .gif file and then
> read it into vtk?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>

>Hanmei

I do not know an automatic way to convert AVS .geom files into vtk
POLYDATA files. The AVS .geom files has some 'secret' structure that
requires AVS software to be parsed. See my remarks in
http://www.rug.nl/hpc/VTK/vtk/avs2vtk/man.html.
In my opinion you can best start with your original geometric data
and convert that data directly into the vtk Polydata format.

Jan Kraak
University of Groningen