vtk & MacOS

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jul 8 09:32:08 EDT 1999

>However, it should be noted that it is now possible to add support
>to VTK for the Mac (with HFS+). About 40 files would need to be changed
>(estimated by 'grep _WIN32 ...') - Some, like vtkSetGet.h, would require
>minor
>changes. Others like vtkMultiThreader would be more of a pain.

Actually, I think vtkMultiThreader would mostly be ok - if it doesn't match
one of the #define statements then it just doesn't thread - it claims to
have only one processor and executes everything in a single thread. This
would only be a problem if you had more than one processor on your mac
(does such a thing exist?) and wanted to use both (all) of them, or if you
used some of the other features of vtkMultiThreader such as spawning off a
process (I don't think this is used anywhere in the standard vtk)

Lisa