Display Coordinates for Axis

Steve Boyd boyd at champagne.kin.ucalgary.ca
Wed Jul 7 19:26:16 EDT 1999

Hello,

I know the size of my vtkActor in world coordinates (from
anActor->GetBounds), but I'd like to find the bounds of my actor in
display coordinates.  In other words, the extent of the display that my
actor takes up.  I've been trying to use vtkCoordinate, but can't seem
to get it to work.

Here's a snippet:

  vtkCoordinate *coord = vtkCoordinate::New();
    coord->SetValue(0,0,1);  // a corner of my actor in world coords
    coord->SetCoordinateSystemToDisplay();
    cout << "Value 1: " << coord->GetValue()[0] << "\n";
    cout << "Value 2: " << coord->GetValue()[1] << "\n";
    cout << "Value 3: " << coord->GetValue()[2] << "\n";

This doesn't work, but gives an idea of the direction I'm going (which
is obviously wrong).

Can somebody help?

Sincerely,

Steve