Q: Returning scalar value via mouse click ?

Audrius Stundzia adv_biologic at excite.com
Tue Jul 6 17:33:39 EDT 1999

Dear vtker's

I would like get the scalar value at the mouse cursor when I click the
(left) mouse button. I'vw look through the vtk mailing list archive but
didn't
come across a solution.

The object I'm clicking is a vtkPlaneSource that has texture mapped onto it
the scalar values of a vtkImageData (subclass of vtkStructuredPoints) data
set.

Using vtkRenderWindowInteractor and vtkCellPicker I can get the pixel
coordinates and the mapper coordinates. But I'm puzzled as to how I can
use these coords to get at the associated (interpolated) scalar value at
the clicked point.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Audrius Stundzia