Problems creating/destroying VTK objects on the fly

Daniel Gayo Avello uov02539 at correo.uniovi.es
Fri Dec 24 09:57:00 EST 1999

	Hi, everybody! I'm developing a little 3D tool with VTK, the
tool needs a configurable layout (I mean, different number and kind of
views); to do this I create (on the fly) the vtkTkRenderWidget and link
to them a vtkRenderWindow (this window has its renderer that has his
camera and so on).

	To change from a layout to another I destroy the widgets (ok)
and the vtk objects (with Delete)... but I have some problems: when I
try to destroy de vtkRenderWindow I get this error:

	X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
	  Major opcode of failed request: 4 (X_DestroyWindow)
          Resource id in failed request: 0x3400009
	  Serial number of failed request: 94

	Then I avoid to destroy the window and I get, of course, this
when I create on the fly the view:

	Error in startup script: a vtk object with that name already
exists.

	Then I try to create the vtkRenderWindow only once, not on
the fly, I get this:

	X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
	  Major opcode of failed request: 12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
	  Resource id in failed request: 0x3400009
	  Serial number of failed request: 88

	So, what can I do to create on the fly views? (I not only need
it for the layout but so for a material editor that, obviously, I don't
want floating all the time on the screen).

	Thanks in advance, Dani

uov02539 at correo.uniovi.es

http://drive.to/itneverrains