the "Bypass" feature in imaging

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Thu Dec 16 18:30:23 EST 1999

Hi Lisa,

I never use the Bypass method myself.  Many of the imaging filters
I use do geometrical operations (like vtkImagePermute,
vtkImageClip, etc) and a Bypass for these filters really makes
no sense.  Same with vtkImageMapToRGBA, and pretty much any
dual-input filter.

Perhaps it could be implemented on a class-by-class basis for
the filters where it really is useful.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group