vtkCylinderSource and Gouraud Shading

Patric Weis Patric.Weis at Mycrona.de
Tue Dec 14 08:23:41 EST 1999

Hi vtkUsers!

I would like to render a smoothly shaded cylinder and tried the
following:

vtkCylinderSource *pCylinder = vtkCylinderSource::New();
pCylinder->SetRadius(1.0);
pCylinder->SetResolution(10);

vtkPolyDataNormals *pNormals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
pNormals->SetInput(pCylinder->GetOutput());

vtkPolyDataMapper *pMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
pMapper->SetInput(pNormals->GetOutput());

vtkActor *pActor = vtkActor::New();
pActor->SetMapper(pMapper);
pActor->GetProperty()->SetInterpolationToGouraud();

What I get is a flat shaded cylinder. With polydata readers I do not
have such problems.
What do I do wrong? Maybe I do not exactly understand the concept of vtk
sources.

Thanks,

Patric Weis
MYCRONA