save image to file?

John Shalf jshalf at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 2 12:42:56 EST 1999

Unfortunately this could mean a lot of things (anything from the inability to
get permission to connect to your Xserver to inability to select an appropriate
display or you are not using an the right kind of graphics subsystem... pbuffers
only work on Octane, O2, Impact, IR, and RE systems).  I forgot to update the
code I'd posted to include the latest implementation of the pbuffers stuff.  Now
it allows an arbitrary number of people to use the pbuffers (the old one only
allowed one user to grab the pbuffer and would lock everyone else out).

I've set up the default makefile to work with pbuffers.  Lets start from there
to figure out what is going on.  If it gives you a bad-alloc message again, try
doing an "xhost +" initially to see if it is an X-security related problem.  If
it isn't that, we'll need to drill a little deeper.

-john