inverting projections

Mirco Mannucci Mirco at netviz.com
Wed Dec 1 14:28:08 EST 1999

 Dear vtkusers:

 I need to retrieve the 3D coordinates of a point highlighted by the mouse
knowing its depth in the scene.

 In OpenGl there is a function from the Utility Library that does the job,
namely gluUnProject(). Is there anything of this sort in vtk?

If not, I guess I gotta do the job myself, by calculating the inverse
transform:
any suggestions ?

 Thanks to all
Mirco Mannucci