decimatePro

Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez vtk at helios.tel.uva.es
Fri Dec 3 03:47:17 EST 1999

Hello!!!

I'm using the vtkDecimatePro object and I've run into a problem in
Windows. When I use it with the headsq example and set Target Reduction in
a big value and (the most important) put the SetPreserveTopology flag into
0 value, the result is a memory failure.

I prove it with a TCL program, with win 95 (vtk 2.3, tcl 8.0, pentium II).
I get the same problem in a Windows NT station (win NT, Pentium III, vtk
2.4, and a special image processing chip by Silicon Graphics). But the
problem never happens with Linux. Any idea?

                     Miguel Ángel Martín Fernández
                          ETSI Telecomunicaion
                       Universidad de Valladolid
                         Campus Miguel Delibes