Cross-section images

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Mon Aug 30 13:14:43 EDT 1999

Hi Ron,

The vtkImageReslice class in the contrib directory does what you want.
There is a new example in the nightlies which should provide a
good starting point:  vtk/contrib/examplesTcl/TextureReslice.tcl (thanks
to Kenneth Wang for converting it from python to tcl, and Bill Lorenson
for quality control).

The example extracts an oblique slice from a volume and texture maps
it back into the scene; a vtkTransform defines which slice to extract.
The original TestReslice.tcl example is still kicking around, too.

 - David