A: How to display vertices only as simple 3D-points

Bill Lorensen wlorens1 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Aug 18 20:03:56 EDT 1999

<x-flowed>It's not a hack. Vertex is a Cell in vtk. Points are coordinates. A Vertex
has a single point to define its coordinate.

You could use vtkGlyph3D with your points as part of a PolyData. Try
fly.cxx and change the Source to the Glyph to an instance of vtkPointSource
with NumberOfPoints=1 and Radius=0. This is what vtkLODActor does to render
points.

Bill