vtk and wxWindows

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Wed Aug 18 12:59:09 EDT 1999

I hate to write a "Me, too!" post, but I am also very interested
in this.  I have bound a vtkRenderWindow to a wxGLCanvas in
wxPython with limited success, i.e. the updates are not synchronized
and the vtkRenderWindow is overdrawn with grey immediately after it
is rendered.

One issue with wxWindows is that it doesn't provide an easy method for
getting the X-Window handle for a window.  This makes it hard to bind
a wxWindow to a vtkRenderWindow.  My own version of wxWindows
has been hacked to provide this information.

 - David

--David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group