UnstructuredGrid Binary file

Daniel G. Downey danmotif at mrco2.carleton.ca
Wed Aug 11 09:25:51 EDT 1999

Hi,

    Does someone out there have code to write a vtkUnstructuredGrid file in
binary format, preferably in C++ ?

    I have written an ascii version which works fine but the file is very
large ( >500MB ) and loads VERY slow and each time I want to read another
data field it takes ages again.  I expect a binary file will be smaller and
load faster.

Thanks for any assistance,
Dan Downey

----
 Daniel Downey   Email:  downey at mrco2.carleton.ca
 Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
 Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive,
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1S 5B6
 tel:(613) 520-2600 ext 5649   fax:(613) 520-5715