Image Pipeline confusion

harsh at lanl.gov harsh at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 4 16:28:53 EDT 1999

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the image pipeline to enhance the edges of
a tiff file ( which is an xray of a knee joint). I want to
develop a semi automatic edge finder/segmentor.
What I have is a pipeline consisting of:

vtkTIFFReader->vtkSobel2D->vtkImageMagnitude->vtkImageViewer

to set the window parameters of the viewer, I'm trying to get the
Scalar range of the output of the ImageMagnitude. The compiler
complains that vtkImageMagnitude does not have a class
GetScalarRange(float[2]) but the output should be an ImageCache which
has that method.

What I'm I doing wrong??

BTW vtk2.3 on Linux/Debian 2.036(Slink).

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Harsh  E-Mail: harsh at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS P940