vtk and DecUnix

Marena Drlik drlik1 at llnl.gov
Thu Aug 12 15:08:59 EDT 1999

Hi,

I've been trying for some time to compile vtk on a DEC Alpha and have run into
many problems. The most common being:
g++: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

I've tweeked configure and the make files and even renamed files to get around
the problem above and I keep running into more problems.

I have had success on RedHat Linux 5.2 and SunOS 5.6 (the Sun worked after
eliminating the THREADS option)

I would also appreciate any suggestions for the alphas.

Thanks,
Marena