[vtk-developers] HeaderTesting

Simon Drouin drouin.simon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 09:42:03 EDT 2019

Hi all,

Is there documentation about header include rules somewhere?

One of my questions: some of my HeaderTest fail because there is more than
one include in the header, even though many header files in VTK include
more than one header without generating an error. For example, I have a
header file with those includes:

#include "vtkRenderingCoreModule.h" // For export macro
#include "vtkObject.h"
#include "vtkNew.h"

which causes the test to fail. But many other header files have even more,
e.g. vtkVolumeProperty.h:

#include "vtkNew.h" // Needed for vtkNew
#include "vtkRenderingCoreModule.h" // For export macro
#include "vtkObject.h"

and do not fail the HeaderTesting.

Does the order matter? The test report says there are 2 includes, not
counting "vtkRenderingCoreModule.h", I guess this one is never included in
the count? There must be something obvious here that I don't see, but what?

Thanks in advance.

s.