[vtk-developers] [ANNOUNCE] New module system landing

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jan 23 14:42:07 EST 2019

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 13:42:25 -0500, Ben Boeckel said:

>On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:48:00 -0500, Sean McBride wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:07:12 -0500, Ben Boeckel via vtk-developers said:
>> >All third party warnings have been suppressed for now (though some may
>> >slip through yet). I'll deal with those in the future.
>>
>> Any news on this?  My bot submissions have lots and lots of 3rd party
>> warnings...
>
>No, I haven't gotten to this yet. The vast majority are from one warning
>(redefinition of PRI64 or something), so fixing that one should help a
>lot. That should be fixed upstream and brought back into VTK though.
>There are others which should really be fixed upstream too.
>
>> (They didn't used to.)
>
>Well, we used to ignore all kinds of warnings on CDash (they still
>appeared in local builds though).

And is it your intention to not bring back this ignoring?

Getting all the many third party libs as warning-clean as VTK proper is a pretty Herculean task.  Meanwhile, all those third party warnings stop us from seeing VTK warnings.  If no one is doing the former, why should we lose the latter?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com