[vtk-developers] Failed OpenGL tests with vtk static windows build?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Jan 23 09:05:03 EST 2019

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 17:32:52 -0500, Aron Helser via vtk-developers wrote:
> I'm seeing a weird failure with a recent vtk master on Windows.
> I'm doing a debug static build, and running ctest, all tests with a window
> are segfaulting after this warning:
>
> Generic Warning: In C:\akit\vtk\src\Rendering\Core\vtkRenderWindow.cxx,
> line 35
> Error: no override found for 'vtkRenderWindow'.
>
> A shared build does not have this problem. It seems like the OpenGL object
> factory is failing somehow with a static build? Any ideas?

Hmm. Static builds on the dashboard were working here:

    https://open.cdash.org/index.php?compare1=61&filtercount=1&field1=revision&project=VTK&showfilters=0&limit=100&value1=25d2722c7e8d3a423397c3df0cc7173ae6a6f44a&showfeed=0

but it seems that `master` doesn't like it as much (though, AFAICT, only
for Python import reasons, not object factory failures). What does your
CMake code look like?

--Ben