[vtk-developers] Building VTK Master (8.90)

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Jan 14 10:30:53 EST 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 12:28:15 +1100, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> Ben what you have done is outstanding!!!! +1

Thanks :) .

> 1) Manually set PYTHON_EXECUTABLE to
> /home/<user_name>/anaconda3/bin/python3.7m
>      Note: This is found in Ungrouped Entries

Hmm, this indicates that it is probably going through `FindPython`
rather than a versioned variant. I wonder if `VTK_PYTHON_VERSION` is
unset or unused in one place. It's ungrouped since cmake-gui groups
based on the part before the first `_`.

> 2) Set Java source/target versions to 1.9 (The wrapping doesn't know about
> version 1.11)

Hmm, interesting. What should be done here? Should we just copy the
version down from the Java CMake finds? I'm not that familiar with Java.

> 3) TBB:
>    In TBB_LIBRARY_DEBUG change libtbb_debug.so to libtbb_debug.so.2.
>    In TBB_LIBRARY_RELEASE change libtbb.so to libtbb.so.2.

Why does this need to be done? Is this something to do with these being
linker scripts?

> 4) Add -luuid to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

See previous email.

> Final result:
> 99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 2010
>
> The following tests FAILED:
>         293 - VTK::IOExportPDFCxx-TestPDFTransformedText (Failed)
> Errors while running CTest

Yeah, dashboards are having issues here too.

--Ben