[vtk-developers] Python Wrapping fails in master build.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 17:02:39 EDT 2018

David,
  Just ran a build now. Both debug and release builds failed on both
machines at:
FAILED: Wrapping/Python/vtkInteractorStyle3DPython.cxx
If I delete this file and rebuild then it will build OK, however wrapping
may fail on another file.

The cmake cache for the debug build is attached along with the logs for the
release and debug builds(VTK-*.zip). Also attached is the checkout log for
VTK (VTK.zip).

Regards
   Andrew

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 10:27 PM David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I ran a VS2017 build and didn't see any errors.  Can you send me your
> cmake cache file?
>
>  - David
>
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 6:53 AM David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've never seen this with VS2010 or VS2015, but I can try VS2017 this
>> weekend.  Seems strange that there isn't any additional error text.  I also
>> use ninja for building on Windows.
>>
>>  - David
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 11:26 PM Andrew Maclean <
>> andrew.amaclean at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This seems to be restricted to Windows and has been happening for a
>>> while.
>>>
>>> When building VTK (Release or Debug) the builds often stop with errors
>>> like this:
>>> ------------------------
>>>
>>> Wrapping\Python\CMakeFiles\vtkCommonCorePythonD.dir\vtkTypeUInt64ArrayPython.cxx.obj
>>> [158/2588] Linking CXX shared library bin\vtkCommonCorePython37D-9.0.dll
>>>    Creating library lib\vtkCommonCorePython37D-9.0.lib and object
>>> lib\vtkCommonCorePython37D-9.0.exp
>>> [159/2587] Python Wrapping - generating
>>> vtkInitialValueProblemSolverPython.cxx
>>> FAILED: Wrapping/Python/vtkInitialValueProblemSolverPython.cxx
>>> cmd.exe /C "cd /D
>>> ------------------------
>>>  Where "Wrapping/Python/vtkInitialValueProblemSolverPython.cxx" can be
>>> any other file name in the Wrapping/Python/ folder.
>>> I'm using VS2017 and Ninja and have tried running Ninja with a single
>>> thread to no avail.
>>>
>>> I see this issue on two windows machines and the only solution is to
>>> delete the offending file manually, run the build again, and if a a fail
>>> happens again, delete that file and rebuild.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>    Andrew
>>>
>>> --