[vtk-developers] VTK Python & BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Sep 13 17:58:28 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:09:06 -0700, Burlen Loring wrote:
> Cool, thanks for all the info
>
> sounds like this will be supported in the near future. I'd like to try
> it out. What is the eta? What's the best way to follow progress?

Its current state is here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/ben.boeckel/vtk/tree/new-cmake-module

However, it is based on VTK as of March as I haven't rebased it since I
got back from vacation. There are still rough edges in there though.

Don't use an existing build tree for building it if you try it out.

No promises on an ETA however. I don't *think* there are many unknown
unknowns yet, but knowing would also recategorize them ;) .

--Ben