[vtk-developers] eeloo

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Sep 7 08:28:05 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 09:08:22 -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> It's not a crazy warning. I saw warnings from the Catalyst builds after
> updating `megas`. The one in vtkObjectFactory is a false positive, but
> rewriting it to use `std::string` instead of `strncat` just makes the
> code easier to read anyways. Errors in pv-forward.c.in were real and
> (since it is C), `snprintf` is the better solution there.
>
> Basically, `strncat` is a function that is really easy to screw up. We
> really shouldn't use it in C code and certainly not at all in C++ code.

So after a nightly run with the warnings back on, most are instances of
CMake's generated test harness code which has been fixed in 3.11.3.
Updating `eeloo` to that version should address those:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/2115

The rest are fixed in this branch:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4647

--Ben