[vtk-developers] vtk-8.2.0-rc2 problem building wheels

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Nov 28 15:44:33 EST 2018

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 15:06:43 -0500, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> Does vtkWrappingPythonCore depend on vtkPythonInterpreter?
> vtkWrappingPythonCore does not link to libpython or to vtkPythonInterpreter.

My bad, it's a COMPILE_DEPENDS. Though why that is isn't obvious.
Removing that dependency and then disabling the module should work.

> The wheels by default do not seem to enable vtkRenderingMatplotlib although I am
> not sure if it should be added by default in the future, in which case this is a
> more serious issue.

IMO, distribution builds should try to enable *everything* so there
isn't a question of "what do I have today?" when doing `import vtk`.
Keeping it disabled for 8.2 sounds fine, but 9.x will make it easier to
not have the linking problem.

--Ben