[vtk-developers] Changes to my cppcheck dashboards

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Mar 13 10:35:17 EDT 2018

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 17:50:31 -0500, Sean McBride said:

>changes how I suppress some cppcheck warnings. Previously the below
>warnings were suppressed everywhere, now they are only suppressed in the
>files that already have such warnings.  This means any new files, and
>currently warning-free files, will now be checked for these warnings:
>
>- uninitMemberVar: uninitialized member variables
>- cstyleCast: C-style casts
>- unreadVariable: never reading a value written to a variable
>- noCopyConstructor: class without copy ctor that contains a pointer to
>allocated memory
>- useInitializationList: variable assigned in ctor body instead of
>initialization list
>- copyCtorAndEqOperator: when a class has copy ctor but lacks operator=
>
>If this gets to be noisy or otherwise undesirable, we can adjust...

So today for example:

<https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=5293628>

The (new?) file vtkAMReXParticlesReader.cxx has warnings about uninitialized ivars.  I seem to recall VTK having a policy of initing ivars, is that the case?  I couldn't actually find it in the coding style doc.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com