[vtk-developers] Changes to my cppcheck dashboards

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 9 17:50:31 EST 2018

Hi all,

This MR:

<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/4036>

changes how I suppress some cppcheck warnings. Previously the below warnings were suppressed everywhere, now they are only suppressed in the files that already have such warnings.  This means any new files, and currently warning-free files, will now be checked for these warnings:

- uninitMemberVar: uninitialized member variables
- cstyleCast: C-style casts
- unreadVariable: never reading a value written to a variable
- noCopyConstructor: class without copy ctor that contains a pointer to allocated memory
- useInitializationList: variable assigned in ctor body instead of initialization list
- copyCtorAndEqOperator: when a class has copy ctor but lacks operator=

If this gets to be noisy or otherwise undesirable, we can adjust...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com