[vtk-developers] vtk-8.2.0-rc2 problem building wheels

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Dec 12 17:17:16 EST 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 16:34:30 -0500, Robert Maynard wrote:
> This is common in the wild ( see catch2 ) to such a degree that CMake
> now has FetchContent which explicitly supports the workflow of using
> find_package and than falling back to add_subdirectory. I expect that
> this workflow will increase as FetchContent becomes more wildly
> available.

OK, so I do remember googletest also doing stuff like this. But these
are test dependencies. Are there any that you can think of that do this
for things like vtkzlib? Though there I suspect that no one does the
proper mangling that needs to be done…

Also, that's more like remote modules than what is being requested here.
If that's the case, maybe RenderingOpenVR should just become a remote
module instead?

--Ben