[vtk-developers] Thoughts on changelog maintenance?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:54:02 EST 2017

In a perfect world, the changelog would be generated automatically from all
of the issues that were closed between releases.  That would require much
more frequent use of the issue tracker (which would be a good thing).
Issues and MRs would continue to be tied together via gitlab references.

If someone wanted to see the latest changelog for master, they would just
go to gitlab's list of closed issues.  The changelog put into the source
upon release would just be an md file that was a copy of the same.

Overall, though, I'm not sure if a new changelog mechanism is even needed.
The current workflow (summarizing our changes at release time) already
seems pleasantly lightweight.

 - David