[vtk-developers] OpenGL backend - 1.1 vs 2.0

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed May 10 10:27:36 EDT 2017

To answer this questions that wasn't answered:

> We concern about OpenGL 1.1 support in future versions of VTK. Is it going
> to be supported and how long?

The plan that was floated so far is to drop OpenGL 1 support by the end of
2017. Even this drags a bit longer, it will not be supported for very long.
We encourage everyone who are running on drivers that do not support OpenGL
3.2 to start looking into Mesa with OpenSWR.

Best,
-berk

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Vladimir Engelgardt <v.engelgardt at gmail.com