[vtk-developers] Is vtkprobefilter working correctly ? Here is an example to test…

foufara foufara at yahoo.fr
Sat May 6 12:59:43 EDT 2017

H again,

I updated the script I was talking about in my last post with a test with
vtkcelllocator.

vtkcelllocator works fine on this example.

But that somehow surprises me since it seems to me that my "homemade
vtkprobefilter" version does exactly the same thing :
- a call vtkPointLocator to locate the closest point
- a call to data.GetPointCells to get all the cells using that point
- and then visiting these cells and their neighbors and calling
evaluateposition each time to determine if my point lies inside the cell or
to identify the best neighbor to visit. with a maximum walk number of 12.

So why would my version not give the same results ?
And why would vtkprobefilter fail in the first place ? (if I'm right,
vtkprobefilter is essentially a wrapper around the same operations…)

Thank you in advance for your help !