[vtk-developers] vtkCamera: add an equivalent to UseHorizontalViewAngle for parallel projection?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue Mar 21 12:59:51 EDT 2017

Den 21 mars 2017 3:39 em skrev "Stefan Pfeifer" <s-pfeifer at gmx.net>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> So the vtkCamera interprets the view angle as vertical by default. This
can be changed via

>     camera->SetUseHorizontalViewAngle(true);
>
> One of the effects is that the resizing behaviour of the windows changes:
The view now gets adjusted when the window's width changes, not the height
as before. At least that's my use case.

> My problem is that this doesn't work with the parallel projection, as
there is no equivalent method to change the direction of the ParallelScale.
It's always vertical. So my suggestion would be to add exactly that. Maybe
call it SetUseHorizontalParallelScale so it would be consistent with the
Get/Set methods:

>     Perspective: Get/SetViewAngle <-> Get/SetUseHorizontalViewAngle
>     Parallel: Get/SetParallelScale <-> Get/SetUseHorizontalParallelScale
>
> I haven't contributed before so I wanted to get some feedback on this
first. It doesn't seem very difficult to implement, so if you guys think it
makes sense I could give it a try.

Just a +1 from me as a user. I have a use for such an API right now.

Elvis