[vtk-developers] Exporting to vector format problem.

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Jun 27 11:00:10 EDT 2017

On the OpenGL backend, the scalar bar is handled specially by the
GL2PS export code. See
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/IO/ExportOpenGL/vtkOpenGLGL2PSExporter.cxx#L798

Exporting vector graphics through GL2PS is a rather tedious process
that requires some manual setup for certain actors. In this case, we
need to specially handle the scalar bar in order to get the textured
color bar to appear correctly. I don't see a way to work around this
without modifying the exporter itself.

On the OpenGL2 backend, the whole thing will be exported as a raster
image, aside from the text labels which will be scalable. So you
should at least see something in the output from the new backend.

HTH,
Dave