[vtk-developers] VTKWeb support for multiple windows on the client

Scott Wittenburg scott.wittenburg at kitware.com
Fri Jul 21 11:40:43 EDT 2017

Hi Dan,

In VtkWebMouseListener, it is the "view" key in the vtk event structure
that indicates what view to send the event to on the server, and it does
seem that there is no way to change it from -1, which indicates to send the
event to the active view.  However, both the paraviewweb and vtkweb server
protocols have mouse handlers which take the id of the target view as an
option, so what you want to do seems to be supported on the server side at
least.  But I agree with you that the VtkWebMouseListener does not seem to
provide a mechanism to change that view id.  One thing we could do is have
the VtkWebMouseListener take a view id as an optional 4th argument which
defaults to -1, then use that in the zoom and drag listeners.

If that makes sense to you, you can put together a PR on paraviewweb, and
I'll be happy to review it.  Otherwise, get in touch with me offline and we
can chat about it.  Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Scott