[vtk-developers] VTKWeb support for multiple windows on the client

Dan Lipsa dan.lipsa at kitware.com
Fri Jul 21 09:21:06 EDT 2017

Hi all,
We are using VTKWeb + ParaViewWebClient in the browser. We open several VTK
windows on the server and put them inside different panels (divs) in the
browser.

Looking at VtkWebMouseListener/index.js it seems that there is no support
for this configuration.

It seems that client has not concept of active view, so it always sends
mouse events to the server, regardless of the active view on the server.

The resulting behavior is that you can move your mouse over a different
panel, but the active panel moves. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dan