[vtk-developers] VTK and QT5

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jan 19 10:33:52 EST 2017

+1.

One little caveat, I have only added support for the new
QVTKOpenGLWidget for OpenGL2 backend. While it may be possible to use
it with OpenGL1 backend it will need more testing and debugging. There
was a lot of rendering code that made assumptions about active frame
buffer that didn't work with QVTKOpenGLWidget that needed fixing. I
don't think this should be a hurdle in moving to Qt 5, but thought I'd
mention.

So far, the QVTKOpenGLWidget has been working well for ParaView. We
got Windows and Linux dashboards clean and green. We'll soon be adding
OsX dashboards too (need some unrelated fixes before that can happen).

Utkarsh