[vtk-developers] Dashboard

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Jan 3 14:06:13 EST 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:

> Thanks, maybe more critical though there is a compile failure on bigmac that is related to the OSX 10.12 changes you made this summer. Specifically it seems like somehow the aliases you created are not being found.  No clue what changed recently to cause this to start failing. If anyone else has an idea jump in.
>
> See https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=4706856 for an example
>
> #if (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED < 101200) && !defined(VTK_DONT_MAP_10_12_ENUMS)
>   // The 10.12 SDK made a bunch of enum names more logical, map old names to new names to continue supporting old SDKs.
>   #define NSWindowStyleMaskBorderless NSBorderlessWindowMask
>   #define NSWindowStyleMaskTitled NSTitledWindowMask
>   #define NSWindowStyleMaskClosable NSClosableWindowMask
>   #define NSWindowStyleMaskMiniaturizable NSMiniaturizableWindowMask
>   #define NSWindowStyleMaskResizable NSResizableWindowMask
>
>   #define NSEventModifierFlagShift NSShiftKeyMask
>   #define NSEventModifierFlagControl NSControlKeyMask
>   #define NSEventModifierFlagOption NSAlternateKeyMask
>   #define NSEventModifierFlagCommand NSCommandKeyMask
>
>   #define NSEventTypeKeyDown NSKeyDown
>   #define NSEventTypeKeyUp NSKeyUp
>   #define NSEventTypeApplicationDefined NSApplicationDefined
>   #define NSEventTypeFlagsChanged NSFlagsChanged
> #endif

I was just taking a quick look at this, and I think the problem lies
in Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkCocoaMacOSXSDKCompatibility.h, I upgraded the
machine to Sierra. It is using,

#if (MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED < 101200) &&
!defined(VTK_DONT_MAP_10_12_ENUMS)
  // The 10.12 SDK made a bunch of enum names more logical, map old
names to new names to continue supporting old SDKs.

This looks like it only uses the OS version, but VTK is building
against the 10.10 SDK. Maybe I am misreading it, but I would have
thought this would need to use the SDK version, and not the OS
version.

Marcus