[vtk-developers] Reg:JVM crashing while using vtkDicomImageReader

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:12:28 EST 2017

I would have guess a 32bits JVM with a very large DICOM Series. I am
pretty sure the JVM cannot allocate a large contiguous chunk of
memory.

Anyway, posting your crash would help diagnose (I guess). Try to write
a small C++ code which only load the DICOM Series and see if that
works on your 64bits (just a guess) arch.

-M

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Sebastien Jourdain
<sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
> What system are you running on?
> Are you sure those files are valid?
> Are those DICOM file big? I'm not a DICOM expert but I'm just trying to get
> a sense of what you are doing and what could cause those issue.
>
> But based on what I eared about the DICOM format, it is possible that the
> VTK reader is not properly understanding the specific DICOM format that is
> used within your files. ITK is supposed to have a better reader for DICOM
> than VTK.
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Pandia raja <pandia005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>   I am using VTK with Java wrapper for constructing MPR. JVM is crashing
>> while reading dicom files using vtkDicomImageReader (few series its working
>> fine). I don't know where the problem is. Please help me to resole this
>> issue.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Pandiyan

Mathieu