[vtk-developers] Reg:JVM crashing while using vtkDicomImageReader

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Feb 2 10:07:40 EST 2017

What system are you running on?
Are you sure those files are valid?
Are those DICOM file big? I'm not a DICOM expert but I'm just trying to get
a sense of what you are doing and what could cause those issue.

But based on what I eared about the DICOM format, it is possible that the
VTK reader is not properly understanding the specific DICOM format that is
used within your files. ITK is supposed to have a better reader for DICOM
than VTK.