[vtk-developers] vtk header listing compiled modules

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Dec 14 09:45:47 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 09:24:40 -0500, Alexis Girault wrote:
> Since we're in XCode and not using CMake at that point, I don't think we
> can grab anything from VTKConfig.cmake easily.
>
> I'll look into generating a header, I assume I should try to use
> VTK_MODULES_ENABLED
> and not VTK_MODULES_ALL ?

It depends whether you're using an external VTK or not. The
`find_package(VTK)` has `VTK_MODULES_ENABLED`, but it looks like it
comes from `VTK_CONFIG_MODULES_ENABLED` which is `VTK_MODULES_ENABLED`
without the test modules during the VTK build.

Would it be easier just to have everything from VTK compiled into a
single kit (a single library) or do you still need to know modules for
features?

--Ben