[vtk-developers] announce: vtk 8.1.0.rc3 is ready to try

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Dec 13 16:39:53 EST 2017

Hi folks,

VTK 8.1.0.rc3 is up on the downloads site and tagged in git. Please give it
a try and report any problems that you find to us via the gitlab issue
tracker with an "8.1" milestone tag. Developers, use the same tag to let us
know of any fixes that you want integrated to the release branch in time
for 8.1.0 final in about a week. If nothing major comes up, this will be
retagged as 8.1.0 final. We expect the next release, VTK 9.0.0, to be out
in a few short months.

The reason for rc3 is that we decided to deprecate vtkHyperOctree. It has
long been superseded by vtkHyperTreeGrid, which is being actively
maintained and updated, unlike its predecessor.

thanks

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
Principal Engineer