[vtk-developers] FrustumSource face ordering is wrong?

François Bertel fbopensource at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 21:14:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

At the time I introduced vtkFrustumSource (2009), I used it as a tool to
visualize the frustum of a spotlight as wireframe when I was working on
adding shadow maps to VTK. I used it in TestShadowMapPass to make sure the
two spotlights and two shadows were aligned properly. You can see the
result in the following link:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/File:TestShadowMapPass.png

It did not make sense to display the frustum as a collection of opaque
polygons as it would have occluded what I was trying to see
(I could have used non-opaque polygons but that would have made the test
more complicated).

Feel free to fix the face ordering for polygon rasterization.

Best,

--
François Bertel