[vtk-developers] FrustumSource face ordering is wrong?

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 22:08:08 EDT 2017

I wonder if it's just one of those philosophical/perspective
differences. If you think of the perspective view frustum, you might
think of visualizing it with just 4 pieces instead of 6, leaving off
the shapes for the front and back clipping planes. And then if you
look at it as it goes into the screen and fades to infinity, the part
you can see are the inside faces. I wonder if the original author
thought of it that way and considered the inside faces the "front"...

Or, it could just be an oversight. Or a bug. Or a feature.

Or somebody else whose history actually goes back that far will chime
in and enlighten us.

:-)

David C.