[vtk-developers] Various issues on my dashboards... help needed...

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Aug 16 09:39:12 EDT 2017

Hi all,

1) the new cppcheck warnings on Rogue7 are because I updated it from cppcheck 1.79 to 1.80.  I'll triage those issues, fix what I can, suppress false positives, then write back here if there are some I'm not sure about.

2) my Xcode-generator dashboard broke at some point.  I didn't notice when.  cdash is not being helpful with its output:

https://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=5019782

I ran it manually with -VV and one warning I see is:

------
CMake Deprecation Warning at ThirdParty/libproj4/vtklibproj4/cmake/policies.cmake:2 (cmake_policy):
  The OLD behavior for policy CMP0022 will be removed from a future version
  of CMake.

  The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all
  policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under
  specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW
  behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  ThirdParty/libproj4/vtklibproj4/CMakeLists.txt:43 (include)
------

Could that be the cause?

3) there are a bunch of -Wunused-template and -Wshadow-field warnings.  The former I lack the C++ skills to fix, the latter need someone that knows the class in question.  (It's always hard to know if shadowing meant to use the superclass variable or just needs a rename...)  Can someone look at these?

Thanks,

Sean