[vtk-developers] Delayed mouse interaction due to event-loop bug in Qt5

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 12:03:46 EDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 1:19 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> Thanks David & Clint for your insights.
>
> David: Is your VTK/Qt widget class something you could share? It
> sounds like it has accumulated a lot of battlefield wisdom that could
> be useful to others :)

It's part of an internal project, so I can't release it (or at least, not
yet).

Regarding your noop QPaintEngine, what problem have you bumped into
> that this is solving?

This was needed in order to get rendering to work on a Windows system.
Qt was always erasing the VTK scene by painting over it with the widget's
background color.  I tried setting the WA_NoSystemBackground flag and
the WA_PaintOnScreen flag to stop Qt from doing this, but the only trick
that always worked was replacing the QPaintEngine with a dummy.

 - David