[vtk-developers] UseJitteringOn() has no effect in 7.1.0.rc1

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Oct 14 03:47:21 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I updated our product to use VTK 7.1.0.rc1, as I was interested in
trying out vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper::UseJitteringOn() to get rid of
some woodgrain effects we're suffering from in our volume rendering
(mostly when the volumes are rendered very opaque).

But turning the option on seems to have little to no effect. This is
the result with the option on:

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22350696/out.ogv

It looks about the same to me as it does with the option off.

Are there any knobs for this option? How does it determine how much to
perturbate the rays?

Thanks for any advise.

Elvis