[vtk-developers] UseJitteringOn() has no effect in 7.1.0.rc1

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Nov 4 13:22:50 EDT 2016

Den 4 nov. 2016 5:09 em skrev "Alvaro Sanchez" <alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com>:

> The patch was merged so the fix will be included in 7.1 final (not RC2
though).  Jittering will now be turned off by default since it depends on
the specific case whether it makes things better or not, so make sure you
enable it manually (just like you were already).  It is also possible to
customize the noise function, check out the JitteringCustom test case.

Yes, was following the MR closely :) Didn't know it was on by default
before.

Many thanks for handling this so quickly, and thanks also to the reviewers.

Have a nice weekend!

Elvis

elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

>>> If I can get it reviewed today I could get it into 7.1 still,  I will
do my best.

>> Thanks a lot, and if you can't make it, then I guess we can always
backport it ourselves and keep it as a patch in the Debian package we're
building.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2130

8.0. No chance of backporting it to 7.1? We're basing our product on
7.1.0.rc1 at the moment, expecting to use 7.1 for our first release, so
would love to have the fix in there.

elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

MB):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22350696/test_grain.tar.gz

vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper::UseJitteringOn() to get

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22350696/out.ogv