[vtk-developers] merge request for vtkCamera.cxx eyeseparation and near far planes correction (UNCLASSIFIED)

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 16:44:06 EDT 2016

OffAxis projection in VTK is woefully underdocumented, and accepting
this pull request will only add to the mystery.

I would suggest documenting that the coordinates used to specify it
are in vtkCamera coordinates (not world), and clarifying with comments
in the code what some of the constants used are for. Also,
EyeSeparation appears to be specified in meters, although it's unclear
how it relates to any of the VTK coordinate systems or to the size of
the actual display being used.

2 cents,
David C.